The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is a not-for-profit, member-driven organization focused on global information protection. The cost of training includes a complimentary IAPP membership offering access to an expansive professional community, plus a wealth of privacy information and resources, including exclusive content and
tools, expert analysis, legislative alerts and original reporting.
Why organizations should
• Comply with GDPR requirements (regulation takes
effect May 25, 2018)
• Avoid penalties up to 20 million euros
(25 million USD) or 4% of global revenues
• Improve the way your entire organization
• Reduce risk of a data breach
• Build privacy policies to make your organization
• Demonstrate accountability and
• Foster customer confidence
Conversation starter questions
• Is your organization prepared to comply
• What role does privacy play in
• How would you define your organization’s the
• Where do privacy concerns come from?
(CXO, Compliance, Legal, Technology)
• What are your organization’s goals for privacy?
(differentiator, avoid risk, build trust)
• What steps have you taken to ensure data is
protected and remains private?
• What are you doing to avoid risk?
• What’s at risk if you don’t train employees
Potential Privacy Purchasers/Titles:
• Risk Management/Compliance/Audit
• Database Administration
• Network Operations Center (NOC)
• Security Operations Center (SOC)
• Human Resources
• Sales and Marketing
• Executive Office
What are the key reasons training and education is important:
• Deepen knowledge of privacy requirements,
• Build your understanding of data
• Learn to operationalize privacy laws and regulations
• Demonstrate your mastery of privacy issues and
• Develop skills necessary for leading an
organization’s data protection efforts